2015 Temporary Worker Survey:When looking for work, which job board or social networking site do you use the most?
August 6, 2015
- Six job boards, social media sites, most used
- Job boards vary in use by temp pay, age, occupation
- Healthcare temps unusual in heavy use of agency boards
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:Temporary worker demographics by occupation: gender, age, years as temp, number of assignments
August 3, 2015
- Gender/age demographics parallel those of full time jobs
- Typical temp career is 2-4 years
- But in most occupations a quarter have been temping for 8+ years
July 30, 2015
- 6,000 temp workers reveal pay and assignment lengths
- Full distribution of pay and assignment lengths by occupation
- In most occupations, a quarter of temps work 52+ weeks
July 24, 2015
- Survey results from 202 North America contingent buyers
- 41 questions including assignment length, ACA, and many others
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:Which types of work will you do more of, and which less of, over the next ten years?
July 23, 2015
- 6,000 temps surveyed about 10-year work plans
- Overwhelmingly, temping is just temporary; most plan to go full-time
- But older workers, higher-paid, more open to future temping
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:How can staffing firms improve the popular image of the staffing industry and of temporary work?
July 7, 2015
- 2,000 temps offer ideas on promoting industry
- Temps say advertise temp--to-perm success, stats
- Take a bigger role in temp careers, offer training, advice
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:By what communication methods do temporary workers prefer to hear about new job opportunities?
July 1, 2015
- Temps prefer to hear about jobs by email and phone
- Texting jobs relatively unpopular even with young people
- Only 1% want to hear about jobs via social media
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:To what degree did your staffing agency coach you regarding the interviewing process and hiring company culture?
June 30, 2015
- About half of temporary workers say more should be done to prep temps
- Coaching/preparation key to temp satisfaction
- Most in need of improvement: communication about assignment details
2015 Temporary Worker Survey:What criteria are most important to temporary workers in choosing their staffing agency?
June 19, 2015
- Temps asked top staffing firm selection criteria
- Pay, assignment availability top the list
- But trustworthiness also ranks high
June 17, 2015
- 29% of temps cited at least one service they would buy
- Practical, effective job-enhancing help a priority
- Training/education most common response