Computer science majors had the fourth-highest average starting salary among all U.S. grads earning bachelor’s degrees in this year, according to a survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers. The average starting salary for computer science grads was $64,100.
Data in NACE’s report come from employers.
The top five majors with the highest starting salaries included:
- Petroleum Engineering: $96,200
- Computer Engineering: $70,300
- Chemical Engineering: $66,900
- Computer Science: $64,100
- Aerospace/Aeronautical/Astronautical Engineering: $63,900