David Papapostolou is part of the European research team at Staffing Industry Analysts. He has written extensively about the contingent workforce environments in many European countries. David is also responsible for drawing the rankings of staffing firms in several European markets. A native speaker, he follows with a particular attention the trends in the French, Belgian and Swiss markets. David joined the company in May 2010 following a career as a research scientist, and has already written several reports on the clinical and scientific segments. He holds a Ph.D. in biochemistry from Paris University Denis Diderot.
2 November 2011
- The Finnish market is highly fragmented, the Top 5 accounts for just 30% of market share.
- Adecco and ManpowerGroup are the only foreign firms in the Top 10.
- The market leader is the only staffing firm in Finland with annual revenue above €100 million in 2010.
26 October 2011
- Links to tell you all you need to know about the Austrian Market
- Academic resources, applicable government departments
- Laws and regulations, contingent workforce market data
- Trade associations and other organisations
17 October 2011
- Norway is the largest Scandinavian staffing market in terms of revenue.
- Manpower and Adecco lead the Top 30 with a combined market share of 35%.
- Some of the fastest growing firms are operating in Scandinavian niche segments.
5 October 2011
- ManpowerGroup leads with 21% of market share.
- A highly consolidated market: the Top 5 firms owning over half of the market.
- The fastest growing staffing company is owned by the Swedish state.
21 September 2011
- Intricacies of the French market explained
- Overview of the French legal landscape
- Importance of collective bargaining agreements
5 August 2011
- In 2010 the Dutch staffing market saw the first signs of recovery.
- Domestic giants Randstad and USG People still well ahead of the pack; Adecco now ahead of ManpowerGroup
- A highly fragmented market: the top 5 firms owns just a third of the Dutch market.
12 July 2011
The European Clinical/Scientific segment accounts for one third of the global market ...
17 June 2011
- Randstad is the market leader, albeit with only 9.5% share as the market is still highly fragmented.
- Only one domestic firm features in the Top 5, but German firms largely dominate the rest of the Top 50 list.
- Industrial staffing was the growth driver in 2010, in particular momentum from the... More
2 June 2011
- Austria is one of the smallest staffing markets in Western Europe
- Nevertheless, it is a thriving market and some major players are already well established
- The Top 25 firms have recorded impressive growth figures in 2010
20 April 2011
The first of our ongoing series of reports focusing on specific sectors with high growth potential...