Daily NewsView All News
From job candidates asking what company they were at to one candidate painting graffiti on the employer’s building, CareerBuilder listed some of the most unusual interview experiences based on an online survey of more than 3,000 employers. Here are some of those experiences:
- Candidate brought a “how to interview” book with him to the interview.
- Candidate asked, “What company is this again?”
- Candidate put the interviewer on hold during a phone interview. When she came back on the line, she told the interviewer that she had a date set up for Friday.
- When a candidate interviewing for a security position wasn’t hired on the spot, he painted graffiti on the building.
- Candidate wore a Boy Scout uniform and never told interviewers why.
- Candidate was arrested by federal authorities during the interview when the background check revealed the person had an outstanding warrant.
- Candidate talked about promptness as one of her strengths after showing up 10 minutes late.
- On the way to the interview, the candidate passed, cut-off and flipped his middle finger at the driver who happened to be the interviewer.
- Candidate referred to himself in the third person.
- Candidate took off his shoes during the interview.
- Candidate asked for a sip of the interviewer’s coffee.
- Candidate told the interviewer she wasn’t sure if the job offered was worth “starting the car for.”