After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
March 14, 2011
- The trend in U.S. private sector job openings vs. layoffs looking increasingly positive.
- 41 percent of staffing firms say their temp pay rates are "mostly dictated by staffing buyers."
- 72 percent of temps have returned to the same agency for another assignment.
February 3, 2011
- WMBE certification an advantage with half of contingent buyers
- Large buyer companies especially interested
Least interested in WMBE: buyers in manufacturing/logistics
December 10, 2010
- 217 buyers queried on what they want from MSPs
- Buyer responses distilled to nine key themes
- #1: Be a strategic partner
October 12, 2010
The following replay includes reports on: U.S. employment trends Staffing revenue growth by sector and segment Survey data revealing what profitable firms do differently.
Watch the full webinar on demand.
Analysis of temp employment trends.
What gives profitable staffing firms the edge.
July 20, 2010
Staffing firm specialization by segment, industry
Staffing segments: what goes with what
July 23, 2010
Most loved: the internet
Getting more hated: government regulation
July 7, 2010
Analysis of temp employment trends
Highest bang-to-buck sales & marketing tactics
Trends in off-shored recruiting
July 13, 2010
New firms more interested in healthcare, F&A, direct hire
75% of new firms profitable within two years
June 21, 2010
But is background check service really doing the job?
Most serious about it: healthcare staffing firms
June 18, 2010
What larger firms do differently
How tactics vary by segment, firm size