After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
May 3, 2011
- Number of office/clerical temps in the U.S.?
- How do temps find a recruiter?
- What percentage of large buyers are using a vendor management system?
December 21, 2010
- Big players report revenue down about 30%
- Strengthening economy produces sector weakness
- Outplacement to continue to decline in 2011 and 2012
December 21, 2010
- Seventh annual contingent buyers survey
- Full questions and summary answers
- Latest buyer plans, spend, strategies
- More detailed reports on this data to follow
March 31, 2011
- What Are Staffing Firms’ Top Markets?
- What Percentage of Buyers Are Expanding Use of WMBE Suppliers?
- There’s an Employment Boom in this Segment.
March 16, 2011
- What kinds of medical insurance do staffing firms offer temps?
- What occupations are most highly penetrated by temps?
- What is the percent of buyers willing to try a new staffing supplier?
March 14, 2011
- The trend in U.S. private sector job openings vs. layoffs looking increasingly positive.
- 41 percent of staffing firms say their temp pay rates are "mostly dictated by staffing buyers."
- 72 percent of temps have returned to the same agency for another assignment.
February 3, 2011
- WMBE certification an advantage with half of contingent buyers
- Large buyer companies especially interested
Least interested in WMBE: buyers in manufacturing/logistics
December 10, 2010
- 217 buyers queried on what they want from MSPs
- Buyer responses distilled to nine key themes
- #1: Be a strategic partner
October 12, 2010
The following replay includes reports on: U.S. employment trends Staffing revenue growth by sector and segment Survey data revealing what profitable firms do differently.
Watch the full webinar on demand.
Analysis of temp employment trends.
What gives profitable staffing firms the edge.
July 20, 2010
Staffing firm specialization by segment, industry
Staffing segments: what goes with what