John Nurthen is responsible for the delivery of Staffing Industry Analysts' research content across the company’s three regions (North America, Europe and Rest of World) as well as all editorial content for The Staffing Review, CWS3.0 and Staffing Stream. He has 20 years' experience in the staffing industry having previously worked in a variety of senior managerial roles for three of the world's largest staffing companies: Select Appointments, Vedior and Randstad. During this time, he played an active role in a series of major equity offerings and mergers. Nurthen was a founder of the International Review of Employment which was published in four languages and also founded DOVA, which continues to be one of the largest global databases of online vacancies. Nurthen played a leading role in the development of common data standards with the creation of HR-XML SIDES in collaboration with other major staffing companies. He has held responsibility for internal and external communications (including investor relations and public affairs), e-Business, technology matters, marketing, research, procurement, and corporate social responsibility. Nurthen's experience makes him an authority on global recruitment and contingent workforce issues covering all sectors of the market.
26 September 2014
Executive Forum Arrives in London.
26 September 2014
Staffing agencies in need of better powers of persuasion.
18 September 2014
Join us for a free preview of the Executive Forum Europe
16 July 2014
- This Insight Report provides an introduction to the category of Human Cloud platforms which SIA defines as Crowdsourcing.
- The SIA definition of Crowdsourcing platforms is clarified, the scope and dimensions of the space estimated, and the foregoing is substantiated by citing many representative... More
26 June 2014
- We have identified 145 online staffing platform businesses operating around the world, including 33 “witkeys” (the Chinese variant of online staffing). There are actually likely to a larger number of tiny platform businesses we have not detected yet.
- In 2013, only a fairly small number of... More
28 May 2014
- Online Services platforms belong to a unique category in the SIA Human Cloud Platform taxonomy, alongside (and sometimes overlapping with) Online Staffing and Crowdsourcing platforms
- In Online Services, businesses (wherever they are) purchase a specific service offered by the platform; the platform... More
29 April 2014
- Expert review of VMS scenarios
- Webinar replay on demand (approx 1 hour)
- Download a copy of the presentation
15 April 2014
This report brings together three different management strands into one overarching theme and highlights important trends in each relating to the use of contingent workers.
18 March 2014
As well as providing a Risk Framework, this Insight contains examples of how a Global Risk Assessment Framework can be applied directly in three important but highly diverse countries; the UK, Germany and India.
4 March 2014
Understand what legislation, case law and consultations will impact you, including changes for:
- Non-compliant models
- Risk audits
- Umbrella compaines
- Neutral vendor management