Select from the topics below to refine your search
April 4, 2014
- The Excel companion file associated with this report contains the 2014 Staffing Compensation Estimator, a tool that calculates pay ranges for a staffing agency’s internal employees.
- When estimating pay for internal employees, the Staffing Compensation Estimator accounts for experience, cost-of-living... More
April 3, 2014
- Legislation could raise Affordable Care Act’s definition of full-time employee
- OSHA discusses who is responsible for recording temps’ injuries
- Legislation would raise federal minimum wage to $10.10 per hour
- White House looking at update to ‘white collar’ overtime exemption
- Federal agencies... More
April 1, 2014
- In a set of sixteen public companies, almost two thirds reported a y/y increase in gross margin percentage in 4Q13.
- Gross margins among the sixteen companies declined as a result of the 2008-2009 recession and have remained flat since that time.
- PPI data suggests that office/clerical rates continue... More
March 31, 2014
- Online Staffing and Human Cloud platforms have become a focus of much interest for many staffing firms since 2012 and some staffing firms are beginning to engage with these platforms actively in productive and innovative ways.
- Data show that staffing firm awareness, business interest in, and actual... More
March 14, 2014
- Eighty-two percent of public staffing firms reported positive y/y revenue growth in 4Q13 - the highest percentage since 1Q12.
- Median revenue grew by 4.8% y/y among 21 publicly listed staffing companies.
- Median earnings grew by 18.6% y/y among 21 publicly listed staffing companies.
March 11, 2014
- Nearly half of temporary workers receive coverage from an outside, non-staffing source
- On average, only a third of temporary workers who are offered insurance sign up for it
- One-quarter of temporary workers report that they have signed up for a healthcare exchange (or are planning to) ... More
2014 Staffing Firm Internal Employee Survey: What are the biggest missed opportunities in the staffing industry?
March 11, 2014
- Both management and non-management employees agree that training is the top missed opportunity.
- Non-management employees focused on improving the fundamentals - communication, quality, and hiring great people.
- Management focused on improving technology and enterprise growth.
March 11, 2014
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Temp worker survey highlights
- Online staffing firms & compliance
March 6, 2014
- An overview of the final regulations concerning the ACA employer mandate, or "play-or-pay"
- Transition relief effectively delays implementation for companies with fewer than 100 full-time employees, lowers the hurdle for larger employers
- Changes to rules on breaks in service and definition... More
March 3, 2014
- As online work platforms have become more visible to staffing businesses and buyers, questions have arisen as to whether these platform businesses can really act like typical staffing firms.
- Online work platforms can act in ways that are similar to the more established, typical staffing business/compliance... More