Select from the topics below to refine your search
April 15, 2014
This report brings together three different management strands into one overarching theme and highlights important trends in each relating to the use of contingent workers.
April 8, 2014
- We forecast the U.S. temporary staffing industry to grow 6% in 2014 and 7% in 2015
- Forecasted 2014 growth rates raised for most segments, except healthcare staffing
- Growth driven primarily by stronger U.S. economy and aided by several secular drivers
April 8, 2014
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- April forecast
- Internal compensation estimator tool
April 4, 2014
- The Excel companion file associated with this report contains the 2014 Staffing Compensation Estimator, a tool that calculates pay ranges for a staffing agency’s internal employees.
- When estimating pay for internal employees, the Staffing Compensation Estimator accounts for experience, cost-of-living... More
April 3, 2014
- Legislation could raise Affordable Care Act’s definition of full-time employee
- OSHA discusses who is responsible for recording temps’ injuries
- Legislation would raise federal minimum wage to $10.10 per hour
- White House looking at update to ‘white collar’ overtime exemption
- Federal agencies... More
April 1, 2014
- In a set of sixteen public companies, almost two thirds reported a y/y increase in gross margin percentage in 4Q13.
- Gross margins among the sixteen companies declined as a result of the 2008-2009 recession and have remained flat since that time.
- PPI data suggests that office/clerical rates continue... More
April 1, 2014
- Missed the news last month? Here is a quick overview of what happened in the staffing industry and the labor markets in North America.
- Browse news by category and keep up to date with the latest financial reports, market trends, and employment data.
March 31, 2014
- Online Staffing and Human Cloud platforms have become a focus of much interest for many staffing firms since 2012 and some staffing firms are beginning to engage with these platforms actively in productive and innovative ways.
- Data show that staffing firm awareness, business interest in, and actual... More
March 14, 2014
- Eighty-two percent of public staffing firms reported positive y/y revenue growth in 4Q13 - the highest percentage since 1Q12.
- Median revenue grew by 4.8% y/y among 21 publicly listed staffing companies.
- Median earnings grew by 18.6% y/y among 21 publicly listed staffing companies.
March 11, 2014
- Nearly half of temporary workers receive coverage from an outside, non-staffing source
- On average, only a third of temporary workers who are offered insurance sign up for it
- One-quarter of temporary workers report that they have signed up for a healthcare exchange (or are planning to) ... More