November 30, 2015
- U.S. IT temporary staffing projected to grow 6% in 2016 and reach $28.9 billion
- Over the last 14 years, IT employment in the U.S. has increased more than 30%, compared to just 5.3% for total employment
- While number of U.S. computer science graduates is rising, as are the number of coding... More
November 2, 2015
The Computing Research Association (CRA) conducts the annual Taulbee Survey, which gathers information from academic units in the U.S. and Canada that offer Ph.D. programs in computer science (CS), computer engineering or information.
September 16, 2015
- Cloud adoption among responding organizations was 93%, with 30% using exclusively public cloud, 5% using exclusively private cloud, and 58% using a hybrid solution.
- While adoption has risen rapidly, enterprises collectively still run just a fraction of their applications in the cloud. About two-thirds... More
August 24, 2015
- IT staffing buyers most often mentioned data/data scientist roles as difficult to recruit
- Engineering buyers named aerospace engineers most frequently
- Industrial buyers mention truck drivers most often
August 3, 2015
- Respondents reported an average program length of 10.8 weeks and average tuition of $11,063.
- Over 16,000 graduates are projected for 2015, an increase of nearly 8x from 2013.
July 17, 2015
- Report ranks 41 staffing firms that generated at least $100 million in IT temporary staffing revenue
- The three largest firms are TEKsystems (Allegis Group), On Assignment, Insight Global
- Added together, the firms generated $16.3 billion in 2014
July 13, 2015
- Costs on a per-compromised-record basis were highest in the US ($217) and Germany ($211), and lowest in Brazil ($78) and India ($56).
- While the global average cost per compromised record was $154, there was a significant variation in the cost by industry. In healthcare, the cost could be as high... More
June 22, 2015
- UN report finds that the number of global internet users reached 3.2B in 2015
- Global internet penetration has increased nearly 7x since 2000
June 19, 2015
- What is driving the rise in SOW?
- How are the risks and opportunities different than staffing?
- Is this market a viable path to growth for your firm?
May 14, 2015
- Rebounding from 39% in 2014, 49% of respondents to this year’s survey said they were planning to increase IT staffing levels over the next year, nearing the 50% that answered similarly in 2013.
- About two-thirds of respondents indicated that their organization would increase their IT operating... More