May 9, 2014
- Public engineering staffing companies mostly report strong revenue growth for 1Q14
- Oil and gas sector is driving demand for engineering staffing
- We project 5% growth in the U.S. engineering staffing market for both 2014 and 2015
May 2, 2014
- Overview of EEOC guidance and FCRA requirements
- Relevant case law provided
- Appendix discusses impact on contingent workforce management
May 1, 2014
- Expectations between buyers and sellers are converging.
- Most buyers of commercial skill sets expect bill rate increases due to ACA.
- Few buyers note avoidance as preferred strategy.
May 1, 2014
- Missed the news last month? Here is a quick overview of what happened in the staffing industry and the labor markets in North America.
- Browse the news by topic and keep up to date with the latest financial reports, market trends, and employment data.
April 25, 2014
- Overview of the U.S. legal landscape
- Affordable Care Act, IC misclassification and other key topics discussed
- Details on employers' statutory costs
April 24, 2014
This report contains results from 33 questions, including questions regarding:
- Common practices among buyers of staffing services
- Plans for future use of staffing services
- Factors that encourage or discourage use of staffing
April 8, 2014
- We forecast the U.S. temporary staffing industry to grow 6% in 2014 and 7% in 2015
- Forecasted 2014 growth rates raised for most segments, except healthcare staffing
- Growth driven primarily by stronger U.S. economy and aided by several secular drivers
April 4, 2014
- The Excel companion file associated with this report contains the 2014 Staffing Compensation Estimator, a tool that calculates pay ranges for a staffing agency’s internal employees.
- When estimating pay for internal employees, the Staffing Compensation Estimator accounts for experience, cost-of-living... More
April 3, 2014
- Legislation could raise Affordable Care Act’s definition of full-time employee
- OSHA discusses who is responsible for recording temps’ injuries
- Legislation would raise federal minimum wage to $10.10 per hour
- White House looking at update to ‘white collar’ overtime exemption
- Federal agencies... More
April 1, 2014
- In a set of sixteen public companies, almost two thirds reported a y/y increase in gross margin percentage in 4Q13.
- Gross margins among the sixteen companies declined as a result of the 2008-2009 recession and have remained flat since that time.
- PPI data suggests that office/clerical rates continue... More