April 2, 2013
- Public companies generally exhibited slow to moderate engineering sales growth in 2H12, sub-categories varied significantly.
- Among Pulse Survey respondents, median y/y revenue growth was 15% in February, in line with levels seen over the past twelve months.
- Total employment growth in industries... More
April 1, 2013
- On Assignment's Oxford segment experienced fastest 2H12 revenue growth, +26% y/y in 3Q12, +27% y/y in 4Q12.
- Among Pulse respondents, median y/y revenue growth was 5% in February.
- Median unemployment rate for computer and mathematical occupations fell roughly .7 percentage points between... More
March 29, 2013
- In 4Q12, gross margins increased by an average of 30 bps at large public firms
- However, a broader set of 17 firms saw gross margin decline a median 20 bps
- Bill rates in commercial staffing grew in 4Q12, with slight acceleration in O/C and slight deceleration in Industrial
March 26, 2013
- 4Q12 revenue rises a median 2.5% among 10 large staffing firms
- 4Q12 revenue up a median 4.0% among 23 staffing firms tracked
- 81% reported positive net income, while gross margins down a median 40 basis points
March 26, 2013
- Public companies reported mixed results in their direct hire/permanent placement businesses in second half of 2012, though growth of some degree was typical.
- Monthly Pulse Survey trends indicate pattern of positive but decelerating growth.
- On a weighted average basis, employment growth in industries... More
“Recruitment in the Cloud,” A Discussion About the Co-evolution of Recruiting With Cloud and Semantic Search Technologies
March 19, 2013
- Cloud and semantic technologies impacting recruiting
- More powerful, useful than last-gen "keyword search"
- Heightened integration and leveraging information
March 14, 2013
- Overall average NPS 45% (same as last year)
- Office/Business occupations scored above average
- Soft factors (trust in firm, etc,) correlated most with NPS
March 12, 2013
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Top SIA ideas to boost your business
March 5, 2013
- Department of Labor issues guidance on criminal records in hiring
- OSHA issues interim final rule on Affordable Care Act whistleblower protection Provisions
- Federal court orders company to pay misclassified teleworkers $1.3 million in back pay
- Oregon introduces bill prohibiting discrimination... More
How does brand recognition by temporary workers vary across a range of staffing firms and non-staffing firms?
March 4, 2013
- 60% average correct categorization
- "Big name" firms topped the list
- Wide variance of correct categorization