February 13, 2014
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 10.8% employment growth from 2012 to 2022
- SIA forecasts 3.1% annual growth in temporary services employment from 2012 to 2022
- Report provides employment forecast for 667 detailed occupations organized by staffing segment
February 11, 2014
- U.S. payroll employment rose by 113,000 in January
- Temporary help employment gained 8,100 jobs in January
- U.S. temp penetration rate now stands at 2.02%.
February 7, 2014
- More than 4,800 temporary workers surveyed on their primary method for finding a recruiter
- Contacting a staffing agency less popular than asking a friend or searching the internet
- Results vary substantially by occupation
February 5, 2014
- More than 3,000 temporary workers surveyed on which job board or social network site they used to find work
- Monster.com was the most commonly reported job board or social network used overall
January 31, 2014
- Missed the news last month? Here is a quick overview of what happened in the staffing industry and the labor markets in North America. Browse news by region and keep up to date with the latest financial reports, market trends and employment data.
January 29, 2014
- U.S. Staffing Industry Stock Index rose 14% in 4Q13
- 16 stocks advanced, 1 declined
- Outperformed S&P 500 (up 10%) and Russell 2000 (up 8%)
January 23, 2014
- We estimate that marketing/creative staffing revenue grew 7% in 2013, reaching a market size of $1.0 billion.
- Seven key industries that use marketing/creative staffing grew an average of 2.2%.
January 13, 2014
- U.S. payroll employment rose by 74,000 in December
- Temporary help employment gained 40,400 jobs in December, largest monthly increase in nearly two years
- U.S. temporary penetration rate reached 2.06%, an all-time high
January 10, 2014
- Why do employees leave, and what makes them stay?
- Which incentives are most appreciated by employees?
- What makes employees happier and more productive?
January 9, 2014
- Short and long term revenue trends in the legal staffing market
- Trends in unemployment rates among key occupations in the legal staffing market
- Employment estimates for new law school graduates