January 30, 2015
- Staffing Industry Analysts noted 70 publicly announced acquisitions of staffing firms in North America in 2014.
- Healthcare and IT staffing firms were the most frequent targets.
January 22, 2015
- Exclusive insights from the SIA team
- Watch the playback on demand, approx 1 hour
- Download a copy of the presentation as a pdf
November 18, 2014
- Among 27 publicly traded North American staffing companies, 3Q14 revenue increased 8.9% y/y (median).
- Eighty-nine percent experienced positive y/y revenue growth, up from 2Q14's 74%.
- Seventy-eight percent reported positive net income, down from 83% in 2Q14.
October 6, 2014
- Median multiples paid for acquisitions in 2014 were 0.6x revenue, and 3.5x EBITDA
- These values were roughly consistent with those reported in previous years
- About 500 acquisitions occur in the temporary staffing industry annually
August 21, 2014
- Seventy-four percent of the companies in our report experienced y/y revenue growth in 2Q14, down from 1Q14’s 76% and 4Q13’s 82%.
- Eighty-three percent of the companies in our report demonstrated positive earnings in 2Q14, up slightly from last quarter, when 81% of firms generated positive earnings.... More
January 6, 2014
- Staffing Industry Analysts noted 69 publicly announced acquisitions of staffing firms in North America in 2013
- Commercial and IT staffing firms were the most frequent targets
- Among firms surveyed, median multiple paid for acquisitions was 0.6x revenue
December 5, 2013
- Panel of CFOs discusses the role of finance in a staffing company
- Panelists share which finance metrics they find the most useful
- Spending priorities, M&A, and costs of Affordable Care Act implementation discussed
October 1, 2013
- Median multiples paid for acquisitions in 2013 were 0.6x revenue, and 3.0x EBITDA
- These values were flat over the previous year, though the range of revenue multiples was more dispersed than in previous years
- The range of EBITDA multiples we received was similar to last year, with slightly more... More
July 29, 2013
- Lists 255 staffing firms interested in making an acquisition in 2013
- Provides top three industry segment and region choices and contact info
- IT staffing, IT solutions/SOW, and direct hire most common segment preferences
May 16, 2013
- Valuations performed by experts for 20 firms
- How important is segment, size, growth, concentration, profitability?
- Tips on how to maximize the value of your firm