April 4, 2014
- The Excel companion file associated with this report contains the 2014 Staffing Compensation Estimator, a tool that calculates pay ranges for a staffing agency’s internal employees.
- When estimating pay for internal employees, the Staffing Compensation Estimator accounts for experience, cost-of-living... More
April 1, 2014
- In a set of sixteen public companies, almost two thirds reported a y/y increase in gross margin percentage in 4Q13.
- Gross margins among the sixteen companies declined as a result of the 2008-2009 recession and have remained flat since that time.
- PPI data suggests that office/clerical rates continue... More
March 3, 2014
- Missed the news last month? Here is a quick overview of what happened in the staffing industry and the labor markets in North America.
- Browse the news by topic and keep up to date with the latest financial reports, market trends, and employment data.
December 29, 2013
- Various strategies outlined for sharing savings with MSPs and staffing suppliers
- Learn which strategies have been proven most successful
December 11, 2013
- Five popular online sources of free salary and wage information examined
- Recommendations — one source tops the list
December 5, 2013
- Updated excel-based pricing tool created specifically for buyers of temporary staffing in the U.S.
- Tool contains several calculators allowing CW managers to see the effect of changes in various cost components
December 5, 2013
- Panel of CFOs discusses the role of finance in a staffing company
- Panelists share which finance metrics they find the most useful
- Spending priorities, M&A, and costs of Affordable Care Act implementation discussed
November 25, 2013
- Markup and components of bill rate are explained in the report
- Report discusses how burden, SG&A expense and target operating profit affect markup
November 13, 2013
- We asked staffing firms: “On average, what is the percent of salary your company charges for a direct hire/permanent placement?”
- Staffing firms reported the median percent of salary charged for a direct hire to be 20%.
- There was some variation around the most common response of 20% of salary;... More
October 14, 2013
- In 2Q13, average gross margin up 20 bps y/y at 8 global firms
- However, median gross margin unchanged y/y at 17 public staffing firms
- In August, office/clerical bill rates up 2% y/y, while industrial bill rates declined 1% y/y