September 4, 2014
- Gross margin for 17 publicly traded staffing companies from 2004 to 2Q14
- Median gross margin remains below pre-recession levels
- Of the 17 companies in our report, 14 reported an increase in margin from 1Q14 to 2Q14
August 6, 2014
- Updated excel-based pricing tool created specifically for buyers of temporary staffing in the U.S.
- Tool contains several calculators allowing CW managers to see the effect of changes in various cost components
August 5, 2014
- Our latest tool for looking up US statutory expenses is now available for download
- Access average workers' compensation rates by occupation and state
- SUTA, FUTA rates are available by state
2014 Contingent Buyers Survey: After a temp ends an assignment, how long must you wait before hiring them directly (without fees)?
June 26, 2014
- At the median, buyers must wait at least three months after an assignment ends to hire a temporary worker without fees
- Two-thirds of buyers reported a post-assignment wait period of at least one month to convert a temp without fees
- Six month periods were also common, representing a quarter of... More
May 1, 2014
- Expectations between buyers and sellers are converging.
- Most buyers of commercial skill sets expect bill rate increases due to ACA.
- Few buyers note avoidance as preferred strategy.
April 4, 2014
- The Excel companion file associated with this report contains the 2014 Staffing Compensation Estimator, a tool that calculates pay ranges for a staffing agency’s internal employees.
- When estimating pay for internal employees, the Staffing Compensation Estimator accounts for experience, cost-of-living... More
April 1, 2014
- In a set of sixteen public companies, almost two thirds reported a y/y increase in gross margin percentage in 4Q13.
- Gross margins among the sixteen companies declined as a result of the 2008-2009 recession and have remained flat since that time.
- PPI data suggests that office/clerical rates continue... More
March 3, 2014
- Missed the news last month? Here is a quick overview of what happened in the staffing industry and the labor markets in North America.
- Browse the news by topic and keep up to date with the latest financial reports, market trends, and employment data.
December 29, 2013
- Various strategies outlined for sharing savings with MSPs and staffing suppliers
- Learn which strategies have been proven most successful
December 11, 2013
- Five popular online sources of free salary and wage information examined
- Recommendations — one source tops the list