2014 Contingent Buyers Survey: After a temp ends an assignment, how long must you wait before hiring them directly (without fees)?
June 26, 2014
- At the median, buyers must wait at least three months after an assignment ends to hire a temporary worker without fees
- Two-thirds of buyers reported a post-assignment wait period of at least one month to convert a temp without fees
- Six month periods were also common, representing a quarter of... More
May 1, 2014
- Expectations between buyers and sellers are converging.
- Most buyers of commercial skill sets expect bill rate increases due to ACA.
- Few buyers note avoidance as preferred strategy.
April 4, 2014
- The Excel companion file associated with this report contains the 2014 Staffing Compensation Estimator, a tool that calculates pay ranges for a staffing agency’s internal employees.
- When estimating pay for internal employees, the Staffing Compensation Estimator accounts for experience, cost-of-living... More
April 1, 2014
- In a set of sixteen public companies, almost two thirds reported a y/y increase in gross margin percentage in 4Q13.
- Gross margins among the sixteen companies declined as a result of the 2008-2009 recession and have remained flat since that time.
- PPI data suggests that office/clerical rates continue... More
December 29, 2013
- Various strategies outlined for sharing savings with MSPs and staffing suppliers
- Learn which strategies have been proven most successful
December 11, 2013
- Five popular online sources of free salary and wage information examined
- Recommendations — one source tops the list
December 5, 2013
- Panel of CFOs discusses the role of finance in a staffing company
- Panelists share which finance metrics they find the most useful
- Spending priorities, M&A, and costs of Affordable Care Act implementation discussed
November 25, 2013
- Markup and components of bill rate are explained in the report
- Report discusses how burden, SG&A expense and target operating profit affect markup
November 13, 2013
- We asked staffing firms: “On average, what is the percent of salary your company charges for a direct hire/permanent placement?”
- Staffing firms reported the median percent of salary charged for a direct hire to be 20%.
- There was some variation around the most common response of 20% of salary;... More
October 14, 2013
- In 2Q13, average gross margin up 20 bps y/y at 8 global firms
- However, median gross margin unchanged y/y at 17 public staffing firms
- In August, office/clerical bill rates up 2% y/y, while industrial bill rates declined 1% y/y