February 4, 2011
- Court Rules FedEx Drivers Not Employees in Multistate Litigation
- Texas Court Reject Technicians' Bid for Certification, Benefits Claim in Misclassification Collective Action
- Florida Court Rejects Certification of Misclassification Collective Action
- California Court Finds Payroll Company Not... More
October 30, 2010
Many businesses (including suppliers and end-users of contingent labor) conduct background checks -- including criminal record checks -- on applicants and current employees when making hiring, promotion or retention decisions. Along with ensuring job qualifications, the use of background checks can help... More
October 21, 2010
Every five years, the U.S. Census Bureau releases its estimate of the size of the temporary staffing market. Estimates for 2007 were released this year, and for the first time contained information by product line (occupation). After cross-referencing this information with data from the U.S. Bureau of... More
October 20, 2010
Recently, a California class action was filed under California's wage payment law for the failure of a staffing firm to pay temporary employees for time spent interviewing with clients. The suit was brought in a state court by a group of current and former temporary employees of temporary staffing firms,... More
October 20, 2010
In this issue of the Legs & Reg Advisor
- New Pennsylvania law targets misclassification in construction industry
- Senator brings back bill to force flexibility
- Court: Cable company not joint employer in overtime case
- Court sets bar low for ‘employee’ status in negligence case
October 12, 2010
The following replay includes reports on: U.S. employment trends Staffing revenue growth by sector and segment Survey data revealing what profitable firms do differently.
Watch the full webinar on demand.
Analysis of temp employment trends.
What gives profitable staffing firms the edge.
October 5, 2010
Canadian government's spending on temps up 178% over 10 years
Temps constitute 'additional workforce within the public service'
October 4, 2010
Produced by employment and labor law firm Littler Mendelson P.C.
Largest impact on the staffing industry will likely be "play or pay" costs
Two strategies are suggested herein to minimize these costs
September 27, 2010
New York's new law targets misclassification in construction industry
Court finds trucking staffing company can apply motor carrier exemption to drivers' FLSA wage claims
Illinois enacts wage payment and collection... More
August 30, 2010
- Our April projection of 0% growth in 2010 likely to be upgraded
- Revenue growth driven more by passthrough of higher benefit costs than by volume
- Small and mid-level businesses, the bulk of PEO's client mix, are particularly challenged