October 20, 2010
In this issue of the Legs & Reg Advisor
- New Pennsylvania law targets misclassification in construction industry
- Senator brings back bill to force flexibility
- Court: Cable company not joint employer in overtime case
- Court sets bar low for ‘employee’ status in negligence case
October 12, 2010
The following replay includes reports on: U.S. employment trends Staffing revenue growth by sector and segment Survey data revealing what profitable firms do differently.
Watch the full webinar on demand.
Analysis of temp employment trends.
What gives profitable staffing firms the edge.
October 5, 2010
Canadian government's spending on temps up 178% over 10 years
Temps constitute 'additional workforce within the public service'
October 4, 2010
Produced by employment and labor law firm Littler Mendelson P.C.
Largest impact on the staffing industry will likely be "play or pay" costs
Two strategies are suggested herein to minimize these costs
September 27, 2010
New York's new law targets misclassification in construction industry
Court finds trucking staffing company can apply motor carrier exemption to drivers' FLSA wage claims
Illinois enacts wage payment and collection... More
August 30, 2010
- Our April projection of 0% growth in 2010 likely to be upgraded
- Revenue growth driven more by passthrough of higher benefit costs than by volume
- Small and mid-level businesses, the bulk of PEO's client mix, are particularly challenged
August 23, 2010
Court rejects class action status for New York drivers in misclassification case
Proposed New Jersey bill provides more regulations for PEOs
Proposed New York legislation targets independent contractor misclassification
July 19, 2010
IRS official: misclassification audits, tougher legislation
Courts weigh in on more misclassification issues
June 28, 2010
IL, CA clarify who is coemployer--and who not
CO: PEO cleared of delinquent tax charge
May 18, 2010
Proposed fed bill would impose more record keeping
Arizona's immigration law includes penalties for employers
Illinois court holds PEOs liable for harassment Claims
Law signed extending COBRA subsidy and notice requirements