December 12, 2012
CrowdFlower, a crowdsourcing website, faces a lawsuit that claims it pays below minimum wage and misclassifies its workers as independent contractors.
December 12, 2012
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission filed a lawsuit last week against Sony and its staffing provider alleging the companies violated the Americans with Disabilities Act by terminating a contingent worker because she had a prosthetic leg.
October 31, 2012
- California Enacts New Law Imposing Onerous Reporting Requirements for Staffing Firms
- Newark, N.J., Restricts Use of Background Checks for Employment Purposes
- Staffing Firm Employees Awarded $204,329 for Wage/Hour Violations
- White House Adviser Says Affordable Care Act’s ‘Full-Time Employee’... More
October 17, 2012
In the final article addressing the changing contingent workforce landscape in Asia, we discuss China's efforts to require that all temporary workers should enjoy pay equal to their permanent counterparts.
October 10, 2012
In this second article addressing changing legislation in Asia, we focus on Vietnam, where a new law going into effect next year addresses a hybrid form of temporary staffing and labor outsourcing.
October 3, 2012
Asian staffing markets are relatively immature and quite often lightly regulated. However, the markets are developing quickly and legislation is evolving to accommodate the growth in demand from employers for more flexible forms of employment. In this first in a series of articles on the issue, we address... More
September 5, 2012
- Massachusetts Law Sets Burdensome Standards for Staffing Companies
- Administrative Review Board of Department of Labor Finds PEO Not Joint Employer for OSHA Retaliation Claim
- Staffing Firm Pays $80,000 to Settle EEOC Discrimination Case
- Department of Labor Finds Construction Firm Liable for Subcontractor’s... More
August 8, 2012
- Buyers and suppliers disagree about who should pay for healthcare reform; buyers expect to absorb an average of 15% of the increased costs, while suppliers expect to pass on an average of 60%
- Employers with more than 50 full-time equivalent employees who fail to offer health insurance to their... More
August 3, 2012
- Only 18% of buyers manage their interns through their CW program
- Three quarters of respondents pay their interns a regular salary
- In 2010, the U.S. Department of Labor issued guidance with respect to the compensation of interns indicating they should most often be viewed as paid employees
July 27, 2012
- Healthcare Co. Settles Recruiter Claims for $12.3 Million
- Third Circuit Introduces New Test for Joint-Employer Status
- Seventh Circuit: Filling Prescription Not Treatment
- California Court Finds Franchisor May Be Liable for Claims Brought by an Employee of its Franchisee