June 19, 2013
- Missed our International Legislative Review webinar or want to see it again.
- Updates for Italy, the UK and Ukraine.
- View in association with our monthly legislative and regulatory updates
June 14, 2013
- As a result of the Affordable Care Act, buyers to increase use of SOWs, outsourced workers, full-time employees, offshore workers and agency temps, and to decrease use of independent contractors.
- Confusion still prevalent
May 24, 2013
- Healthcare reform overview for staffing firms
- Penalties, subsidies, minimizing costs
- What's an ongoing vs. variable employee?
May 15, 2013
- Improper per diem payments cost staffing firm $1.9 Million
- OSHA sets sights on temporary workers
- Staffing firm cannot use automatic termination or assignment end to avoid costs dependent on return to work
- Bankruptcy court allows priority payment of temporary employees’ wages
April 23, 2013
- Our latest Excel tool of US Statutory Expenses available for download
- Access average workers' compensation rates by occupation and state
- Average SUTA rates available by state
April 5, 2013
- Revised guidance causing difficulties for staffing firms
- Change in rules aimed at "disparate impact" on some groups
- New, more complicated rules, make it harder to be compliant
March 5, 2013
- Department of Labor issues guidance on criminal records in hiring
- OSHA issues interim final rule on Affordable Care Act whistleblower protection Provisions
- Federal court orders company to pay misclassified teleworkers $1.3 million in back pay
- Oregon introduces bill prohibiting discrimination... More
February 20, 2013
A Pennsylvania company was ordered to pay $1.3 million in back wages to 14,568 current and former employees the U.S. Department of Labor determined were misclassified as independent contractors.
January 30, 2013
Four senators, led by Orrin Hatch (R-Utah), have drafted a bill that would greatly increase the number of H-1B temporary visas granted each year, and would free up green cards so more of those immigrants could settle in the United States and eventually become citizens, The New York Times ... More
January 29, 2013
- IRS issues proposed regs on employer shared responsibility provisions of ACA
- Medicinal marijuana dispensaries lawfully operating in Arizona
- Independent contractor cannot pursue Fair Labor Standards Act overtime claims
- Department of Labor seeks input on proposed worker classification survey ... More