Daily NewsView All News
U.S. manufacturing industry workers are largely unhappy and likely to be on the job hunt, according to a survey released today by Monster Worldwide Inc. (NYSE: MWW). Forty-seven percent of manufacturing workers surveyed expressed dissatisfaction with their current job.
The survey also found 34 percent of manufacturing workers expressed confidence in actually securing a new position. Seventy-four percent agreed that it’s more challenging to find a job than it was a year ago, although 49 percent of manufacturing workers agreed that there are more job openings now than a year ago.
The top five manufacturing/production occupations in the past 120 days, based on Monster internal data:
- First-line supervisors of production and operating workers
- Helpers-production workers
- Welders, cutters and welder fitters
- Inspectors, testers, sorters, samplers, and weighers
- Computer-controlled machine tool operators, metal and plastic
The Monster online survey included nearly 6,000 Monster.com users and took place from Jan. 14 to Feb. 18, 2013.