Daily NewsView All News
In the absence of extreme perks, what else can an employer do to attract great talent? Money, job security and a nice working environment top the list of what workers desire in a prospective employer, according to new Randstad US research on employer branding.
Competitive salary and benefits ranked as the most important factor (24 percent), followed by long-term job security (13 percent) and pleasant work atmosphere (10 percent).
When asked for the top-five criteria when choosing an employer, responses included:
- Salary and benefits: 66 percent
- Work/life balance: 43 percent
- Convenient location: 40 percent
- Career progression opportunities: 39 percent
- Financially healthy: 32 percent
- Flexible work schedule: 32 percent
- Interesting job content: 27 percent
- Strong image/strong values: 21 percent
- Good training: 21 percent
- Strong management: 18 percent
- Quality products/services: 17 percent
- Diverse management: 12 percent
- Uses latest technologies: 11 percent
- Concerned with environment and society: 8 percent
- International/global career opportunities: 6 percent
The research surveyed a national sample of 7,000 students, employed and unemployed workers between the ages of 18 and 65.