Daily NewsView All News
From listing “gator hunting” as a skill to decorating a résumé with pink rabbits, CareerBuilder listed some of the most outrageous résumé mistakes and creative techniques used by candidates. Here are some of them:
- Candidate called himself a genius and invited the hiring manager to interview him at his apartment.
- Candidate’s cover letter talked about her family being in the mob.
- Candidate applying for a management job listed “gator hunting” as a skill.
- Candidate’s résumé included phishing as a hobby.
- Candidate specified that her résumé was set up to be sung to the tune of “The Brady Bunch.”
- Candidate highlighted the fact that he was “Homecoming Prom Prince” in 1984.
- Candidate claimed to be able to speak “Antartican” when applying for a job to work in Antarctica.
- Candidate’s résumé had a photo of the applicant reclining in a hammock under the headline “Hi, I'm ____ and I'm looking for a job.”
- Candidate’s résumé was decorated with pink rabbits.
- Candidate listed “to make dough” as the objective on the résumé.
- Candidate applying for an accounting job said he was “deetail-oriented” and spelled the company’s name incorrectly.
- Candidate’s cover letter contained “LOL.”
The list is based on an online survey of 2,298 hiring managers and human resources professionals across the U.S.