Daily NewsView All News
Better late than never. CareerBuilder released its list of most memorable excuses from tardy employees. The list is based on a survey of 2,611 hiring managers and human resource professionals and 3,991 workers nationwide.
The most outrageous excuses for arriving late to work are:
- Employee dropped her purse into a coin-operated newspaper box and couldn't retrieve it without change (which was in the purse).
- Employee accidentally left the apartment with his roommate's girlfriend’s shoes on and had to go back to change.
- Employee’s angry wife had frozen his truck keys in a glass of water in the freezer.
- Employee got a late start because she was putting a rain coat on her cement duck in her front yard (because rain was expected later that day).
- Employee’s car wouldn’t start because the breathalyzer showed he was intoxicated.
- Employee attempted to cut his own hair before work and the clippers stopped working, so he had to wait until the barber shop opened to fix his hair.
- Employee’s car was attacked by a bear (had photographic evidence).
- Employee drove to her previous employer by mistake.
- Employee claimed to have delivered a stranger’s baby on the side of the highway.