Theo Vadpey is a Research Associate at Staffing Industry Analysts. His coverage areas include industry growth rates, public company results, operational benchmarking, M&A, employment data, and other macroeconomic and labor market trends.
Prior to joining Staffing Industry Analysts, he worked as an associate in the investment management industry. Vadpey holds a B.A. in political economy from the University of California, Berkeley. He has passed the level two Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) exam.
July 24, 2013
- This year’s list of diversity staffing firms includes a total of 236 firms, consisting of (non-mutually exclusive categories: 152 woman-owned firms, 102 minority-owned firms, 14 veteran-owned small businesses, 12 HUBZone businesses, and 6 service-disabled veteran-owned businesses
July 9, 2013
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- More on Skinny Med Plans for ACA
July 9, 2013
- Temporary help jobs up 9,500 in June, and up 6.7% versus last year
- Total non-farm employment up 195,000 in June
- The temp penetration rate remained at 1.97%
June 14, 2013
- 1Q13 revenue rises a median 0.1% among 10 large staffing firms
- 1Q13 revenue up a median 0.5% among 23 staffing firms tracked
- 70% reported positive net income, while gross margins down a median 30 basis points
June 13, 2013
- In 1Q13, gross margins increased by an average of 20 bps at large public firms
- However, a broader set of 17 firms saw gross margin decline a median 20 bps
- Bill rates in O/C rose and accelerated slightly, while in industrial rates fell
June 12, 2013
- Public companies reported positive net revenue growth in 1Q13-- ADP: +10%, BBSI: +46%, FFI: +46%, NSP: +3%
- As of our April 2013 forecast, we estimate the U.S. PEO staffing market will grow 7% in 2013.
- Forward-looking comments by public firms suggest healthcare reform may provide... More
June 7, 2013
- Temporary help jobs up 25,600 in May, and up 7.5% versus last year
- Total nonfarm employment up 175,000 in May
- The temp penetration rate rose to 1.98%
May 16, 2013
- Valuations performed by experts for 20 firms
- How important is segment, size, growth, concentration, profitability?
- Tips on how to maximize the value of your firm
May 5, 2013
- Temporary help jobs up 31,000 in April, and up 7.4% versus last year
- Total nonfarm employment up 165,000 in April
- The temp penetration rate rose to 1.97%
April 29, 2013
- Outplacement revenue at Adecco showed single digit growth through the second half of 2012, while at Manpower outplacement showed strong growth through the same period.
- The number of monthly layoffs in the U.S. has stabilized since early 2012 according the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- In March,... More