As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
August 17, 2011
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- How to best manage the balance between cost and quality
- Duration: approximately 1 hour
July 27, 2011
A reader wonders which criteria should be focused on when setting performance goals for a CW program. Bryan Peña, The Procurement Guy, responds. Hint: It’s not all about savings.
June 10, 2011
- Sample document contianing CWS Council member’s Draft Contingent Worker Policy
- A CW Policy is typically used to state what a company's internal procedures are as they relate to contingent work.
- This sample document was submitted by a Member of Staffing Industry Analysts’ Contingent... More
May 18, 2011
- Moderator: Diana Gabriel, VP, Strategy & Solutions, Staffing Industry Analysts
- Jason Ezratty, Managing Partner, Brightfield Strategies
- Bryan Peña, VP, Contingent Workforce Strategy and Research, Staffing Industry Analysts
- 1 hour 5 minutes
May 16, 2011
Many companies are considering incorporating statement of work (SOW) spend into their programs. In 2009, everyone was concerned about cost savings. In 2010 it was about expanding globally. This year, everyone is interested in risk mitigation and SOW. We, however, are not sure if it is for the right move... More
October 22, 2010
- Excerpts from 2010 VMS and MSP landscape report
- 38 MSPs and VMS providers examined
- Players listed by spend under management
April 14, 2011
- Moderator: Barry Asin, President, Staffing Industry Analysts
- Guest Speaker: Eric Rumbaugh, Partner Michael Best and Friedrich
- 57 minutes including Q&A
April 11, 2011
Metrics help show where your program stands
April 1, 2011
Mission impossible. Knowing your market helps make that sale
March 16, 2011
Moderator: Diana Gabriel, VP Strategy and Solutions, Staffing Industry Analysts
Guest Speaker: Stephen Clancy, General Partner, Athru Development Group
57 minutes including Q&A