As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
December 22, 2009
- Financial model to screen and monitor vendors
- Multiple financial ratios translated into a single "z-score"
December 29, 2013
- Various strategies outlined for sharing savings with MSPs and staffing suppliers
- Learn which strategies have been proven most successful
December 12, 2013
- Sample contract clauses include termination assistance, no-suspension, key personnel, and more
- Information on how to handle ownership rights to data
December 12, 2013
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Hear about the providers who have the greatest spend under management by region and specialty
- Duration approximately 1 hour
December 11, 2013
As part of massive changes in the industry, many buyers are experiencing an existential crisis of sorts, reaching a point where they question the purpose or value of their program.
December 10, 2013
- Sample contract clauses include renegotiations, most favored customer, right-to-hire, and more
- Information on how to handle overtime and permanent placement fees in contracts with suppliers
August 6, 2014
- Updated excel-based pricing tool created specifically for buyers of temporary staffing in the U.S.
- Tool contains several calculators allowing CW managers to see the effect of changes in various cost components
November 25, 2013
- Markup and components of bill rate are explained in the report
- Report discusses how burden, SG&A expense and target operating profit affect markup
November 7, 2013
- 20 VMS providers and 17 MSPs evaluated along hundreds of features
- Feature categories include supplier management, sourcing, reporting, integrations, implementation and others
- Providers evaluated for functionality in various program type scenarios
November 6, 2013
A significant component of an organization’s workforce is contingent, so program owners need to consider how this workforce can solve strategic enterprise objectives.