Andrew Braswell is a Senior Research Analyst at Staffing Industry Analysts, covering the IT segment of temporary staffing, along with merger and acquisition activity in the sector and issues related to the Affordable Care Act. Prior to joining SIA in May 2013, he spent more than eight years in equity investment research, most recently as Director of Research for a boutique investment banking and advisory firm. Andrew has been a featured speaker for numerous conferences, presentations and media interviews, including CNBC’s Squawk Box. Earning his BBA from the University of Miami in 2002, Andrew majored in entrepreneurship and minored in English.
July 6, 2015
- US Staffing Industry Stock Index gained 13.3% in 1H15
- Nine stocks advanced, eight declined
- Outperfomed the S&P 500 (up 0.2%) and Russell 2000 (up 4.1%)
July 2, 2015
- The US added 223,000 jobs in June
- Temp help employment rose by 19,800, the fourth straight month of gains following declines in January and February
- Revisions decreased overall job gains in April and May by 60,000, and reduced temp gains by 8,200
June 19, 2015
- What is driving the rise in SOW?
- How are the risks and opportunities different than staffing?
- Is this market a viable path to growth for your firm?
June 10, 2015
In recent years, the annual caps for H-1B visas have been met within the first week the government begins accepting petitions for the visa. However, some may be gaming the system.
May 12, 2015
Firms positioned well to tap market demand continue to prosper; others are scrambling to find their feet.
April 30, 2015
- Overview of work migration policies of major staffing markets
- Includes Australia, the EU, Japan and the US
April 8, 2015
IT staffing market in the US is anticipated to grow 7% in 2015 and 6% in 2016.
April 7, 2015
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- U.S. Staffing Industry Forecast
- Approximately 1 hour
March 11, 2015
IT staffing firms’ operating results for 4Q14 produced few surprises, but earnings calls yielded a few potential concerns.
February 11, 2015
The H-1B filing season is nearing, and the cap could again be reached within one week. Here's more on the program.