LOS ALTOS, Calif. – September 28, 2009 – Temporary staffing can be viewed as an early indicator of overall employment. According to Staffing Industry Analysts’ latest Pulse Survey, a recovering trend is evident. On a monthly basis Staffing Industry Analysts, the nation’s premier provider of marketing intelligence and advisory services about the contingent (temporary) workforce, survey’s temporary staffing companies about revenue trends.
This month the survey says:
1. There is widespread improvement in sequential revenue trend in August versus July. This is the second month in a row that sequential improvement was commonly noted.
2. Directhiresequentialtrendsremainflat,howeveronaweighted-averagebasis,this sector continues to suffer year-over-year declines in the 35%-45% range.
3. Withintemporarystaffing,industrialandITsegmentsareseeingthestrongest recovery.
4. Travelnursingandlegaltemporarystaffingarereportingyear-over-yeardeclines approaching 50% with no sequential relief.
5. Temporarystaffingfirmsderivingamajorityoftheirsalesfromthetech/telecom sector are reporting the best overall revenue trends.
The Staffing Industry Analysts Pulse Survey is derived from staffing firm participants. All staffing firms are welcome to participate; the full report is available to only those companies who provide data. For more information go to www.staffingindustry.com
About Staffing Industry Analysts
Staffing Industry Analysts is the premier advisory service about the contingent workforce. Known for its independent and objective insights, the company’s award winning proprietary research, data, support tools, publications, and executive conferences provide a competitive edge to decision-makers who supply and buy temporary staffing. In addition to temporary staffing, Staffing Industry Analysts also covers these related staffing service sectors: third-party placement, outplacement, and staff leasing (PEOs). Founded in 1989, acquired by Crain Communications Inc. in 2008, the company is headquartered in Los Altos, California, with offices in London, England. For more information: www.staffingindustry.com
Hinda Chalew, Staffing Industry Analysts, firstname.lastname@example.org, 650-232- 2368