Do you have a need to get to the bottom of things? Enjoy becoming an expert whose opinions are highly sought after? Want to work with sharp people from some of the world's top schools?
If so, we have a unique opportunity for an outstanding analyst and writer to step in and make an immediate impact on a dynamic industry. You will join a group of dedicated business professionals who together constitute the premier source of research, information and analysis on the booming contingent and temporary help workforce. In the role of IT staffing research analyst, you will conduct a wide variety of analyses and write research reports and articles from a global perspective to help executives of IT staffing companies make better business decisions.
To apply for this position, please fill out this questionnaire.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Staffing Industry Analysts is the global advisor on contingent work. Known for its independent and objective insights, the company’s proprietary research, award-winning content, data, support tools, publications and executive conferences provide a competitive edge to decision makers who supply and buy temporary staffing. In addition to temporary staffing, Staffing Industry Analysts also covers related staffing service sectors. Founded in 1989 and acquired by Crain Communications Inc. in 2008, the company is headquartered in Mountain View, California, with offices in London, England.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The IT Staffing Research Analyst will be the lead, global analyst on the IT segment of the staffing industry. Compensation will be competitive. Responsibilities include:
- Developing unsurpassed expertise in IT staffing and producing periodic comprehensive reports that communicate key business intelligence and analysis in clear and precise language supported by relevant charts, graphs and tables as well as originating and verifying supporting data from primary and secondary sources.
- Staying on top of IT industry trends and changes in government policy and how such developments may affect major IT staffing markets across the globe. Some international travel will be required.
- Provide analyst calls to clients asking for information on IT staffing. Give off-site presentations, and participate in webinars, on developments in the IT staffing market.
- Researching and writing frequent thought-provoking analyses on current staffing industry events and trends. This includes conducting financial analysis of staffing industry company results, collecting and analyzing government data as well as conducting internet-based research to produce unique content of practical value to our customers.
- Working closely with coworkers to develop extensions of current research product offerings as well as assisting in the development and planning for new research related offerings. Providing thought leadership on the use of research and analysis for current and future products to deliver to Staffing Industry Analysts' customers.
- Building general expertise in staffing and contingent work through monitoring of relevant news, research studies and industry developments.
- Attending and participating in conferences as a member of Staffing Industry Analysts’ research team and assisting as needed with any or all conference planning activities, including speaker recruitment and support work related to the development and construction of speaker presentations.
- Writing a column in our monthly IT Staffing Report publication.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Research Skills – You have extensive experience in financial and statistical analysis for business, including analysis of quarterly and annual financial reports. Your general analytical and mathematical problem-solving skills are excellent. You are highly adept at data manipulation through Microsoft Excel.
- IT Staffing Experience – You have an understanding and passion for the IT staffing industry that you can leverage to find opportunities and risks for staffing firms that provide IT workers to clients in various industries (technology, financial services, etc.). We will also consider highly-qualified candidates that have experience in IT (but not staffing) or experience in the staffing industry (but not with an IT focus).
- Global Business View – Rather than having an outlook limited to your country of residence, you have a global view when it comes to business that will serve you well when researching the IT staffing sector in key markets across the globe.
- Entrepreneurial – You are excited about the idea of running IT staffing research like it is your own business, collaborating with sales on developing research that will increase our number of IT staffing customers.
- Writing Experience – You are an excellent writer and have business writing experience, including writing research reports and articles for an executive level business audience. Business journalism experience is a plus.
- Communication Skills - You are comfortable interacting with CEO’s and top executives of business organizations to learn and understand their agenda and determine what research will be of most use to them in solving business problems. You are able to communicate the results of your research both in writing and orally to business executives in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Visualization of Data – You have excellent judgment about when to use various chart types, tables and diagrams and are highly skilled in using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and/or other software to create such graphics to communicate key research findings. You have a keen eye for visual detail. Your final work product has a finished look.
- Flexibility – What you don’t already know, you are eager to learn. You enjoy challenges. You are not intimidated by software related to research and can pick up new skills as needed.
- Intelligence – You can investigate and answer unfamiliar questions through original and creative analyses that generate perceptive, value-added insight.
- Vision – You can see both the forest and the trees and can master the details that need to be delivered in the short term while keeping the big picture in mind and focusing on the most critical elements for long-term success.
- Execution Oriented – You get the right stuff done day-in and day-out. You meet every deadline. You’ve achieved significant results quickly, and you can prove it with hard facts from previous jobs.
- People want to work with you again. They respect you, trust you and learn from you. Everyone knows that you’re a problem solver. Challenges get met when you’re around. You’re comfortable working in a flexible team environment and are eager to lend a hand as needed. You own up to mistakes quickly.
A major plus would be experience in or with one or more of the following:
- The staffing industry (especially IT staffing)
- Information Technology
- Contingent staffing/workforce/HR/labor issues
- Procurement issues
- An analyst firm (e.g. Gartner, Corporate Executive Board, IDC, Forrester, etc.)
- A large management consulting firm (e.g. McKinsey, Bain, BCG, etc.)
To apply for this position, please fill out this questionnaire.