Tyler Womack joined Staffing Industry Analysts in 2013. He holds a B.A. in economics from Wheaton College.
June 19, 2014
- This expert interview was recorded at SIA's 2013 Healthcare Staffing Summit in Chicago
- Topics include: the effect of medicare cuts in the nursing home setting, booming demand in home healthcare, growing demand in the school setting, best practices for recruiting candidates, and other insights... More
June 12, 2014
- The most common “best decision” among buyers, by a large margin, was adopting VMS or MSP.
- Contingent workforce organization and control was a recurring theme in the “best decision” responses.
- The most common "worst decision" was “allowing local branches/managers to exercise... More
June 10, 2014
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- 2014 Survey of Contingent Workforce Buyers
- Approximately 1 hour
June 6, 2014
- Total nonfarm employment rose by 217,000 in May
- Temporary penetration rate reached 2.06%
- The temporary help services industry added 14,300 jobs in May
May 28, 2014
- Awareness of online staffing is growing rapidly
- Actual use of online staffing remains very low
- Interest in future use of online staffing spiked in 2014
May 23, 2014
- Buyers continue to remain bullish with respect to near‐term hiring plans
- Buyers were most bullish about the long-term prospects for high-skilled workers, SOWs, offshore workers, and outsourced company functions
- The average reported contingent share of workforce is expected to grow from 18%... More
May 20, 2014
- Seventy-six percent of public staffing firms reported positive y/y revenue growth in 1Q14, down from 82% in 4Q13.
- Median revenue grew by 6.5% y/y among 21 publicly listed staffing companies.
- Eighty-one percent of public staffing firms reported positive net income in 1Q14.
May 20, 2014
- Mixed Q1 results reported by publicly held companies.
- Adecco reported double-digit U.S. outplacement revenue growth, partly driven by the financial and pharmaceutical industries.
- Three percent decline projected for U.S. outplacement market in 2014.
May 16, 2014
- SIA projects growth in the U.S. retained search market of 12% in 2014 to $6.0 billion
- Oddly, financial services industry noted as a driver of demand in both the retained search and outplacement markets
May 14, 2014
- Variable and unpredictable workloads, lower risk with "try before you buy", and rapid business growth encourage use of contingent labor
- Learning curve and loyalty factors discourage use of contingent labor
- Buyers of professional labor are more concerned with finding quality workers,... More