John Nurthen manages the team that delivers Staffing Industry Analysts' international research content. He has over 25 years' experience in the staffing industry, having previously worked in senior managerial roles for three of the world's largest staffing companies: Select Appointments, Vedior and Randstad. He played an active role in major equity offerings and mergers.
Nurthen was a founder of the International Review of Employment, published in four languages, and DOVA, one of the largest global databases of online vacancies. He played a leading role in the development of common data standards with the creation of HR-XML SIDES.
He has held responsibility for internal and external communications, e-Business, technology matters, marketing, research, procurement and corporate social responsibility. Nurthen's experience makes him an authority on global recruitment and contingent workforce issues.
June 26, 2014
- We have identified 145 online staffing platform businesses operating around the world, including 33 “witkeys” (the Chinese variant of online staffing). There are actually likely to a larger number of tiny platform businesses we have not detected yet.
- In 2013, only a fairly small number of... More
June 22, 2014
- Overview of Mexican legal landscape
- Limitations on use of temporary agency workers explained
- Details on statutory costs
May 28, 2014
- Online Services platforms belong to a unique category in the SIA Human Cloud Platform taxonomy, alongside (and sometimes overlapping with) Online Staffing and Crowdsourcing platforms
- In Online Services, businesses (wherever they are) purchase a specific service offered by the platform; the platform... More
May 25, 2014
- Total Mexican staffing market estimate of $3.8 billion (formal market: $1.4 billion)
- ManpowerGroup is largest staffing firm in Mexico, with 38% of formal market
- We estimate formal Mexican staffing market grew 3% in 2013
April 29, 2014
- Expert review of VMS scenarios
- Webinar replay on demand (approx 1 hour)
- Download a copy of the presentation
April 15, 2014
This report brings together three different management strands into one overarching theme and highlights important trends in each relating to the use of contingent workers.
March 3, 2014
- As online work platforms have become more visible to staffing businesses and buyers, questions have arisen as to whether these platform businesses can really act like typical staffing firms.
- Online work platforms can act in ways that are similar to the more established, typical staffing business/compliance... More
February 19, 2014
- A review of the latest significant temporary staffing trends and developments in Europe
- Exclusive insights from the whole research team
- On demand playback, approximately 1 hour
January 2, 2014
- Total global online staffing segment spend/ market size to grow significantly by 2020, as most of the underlying conditions and drivers seem to support expansion (versus restriction) of online platform-based spend.
- Three forecasts illustrate what we consider credible, supportable range of possible... More
December 11, 2013
- Exclusive insights on Contingent Workforce in South Africa.
- Overview of business practices and legal limitations.
- Webinar replay on demand (approx. 1 hour).