Dawn McCartney is the Director of Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research for Staffing Industry Analysts. She has over 13 years of human resource experience working on both the supplier and buyer sides. Her expertise on the buyer side includes contingent workforce policies, procedures, strategies and implementation of contingent workforce programs including VMS selection and supplier selection. She currently utilizes her experience and expertise to provide insight and best practices globally to the CWS Council members. She is also an industry speaker, writer and an instructor of SIA’s CCWP Certification program.
July 2, 2014
As companies face critical skills shortages, they are looking at ways to engage their most valuable resource: their skilled, retirement-age workers.
May 2, 2014
- Overview of EEOC guidance and FCRA requirements
- Relevant case law provided
- Appendix discusses impact on contingent workforce management
April 17, 2014
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Learn the steps to successfully implement a solution for tracking your global non-employee workforce
- Understand the benefits of tracking all non-employees with a single technology solution
- Duration approximately 1 hour
March 19, 2014
You may have thought developing and then obtaining an approval to implement a change to your CW program was hard work. But running an RFP, educating and rallying stakeholders, doing your research and due diligence is nothing compared with the work that is required to manage this change in your organization.... More
October 30, 2013
Quality may seem so difficult to deliver because it means something different to everyone. Here are ways to get on the same page.
May 22, 2013
Globalizing contingent workforce programs continues to be a hot topic among CW professionals, yet those who have expanded their programs, and those based in other countries, would advise caution before expanding.
April 1, 2013
Show, Don’t Tell: Following basic values can help you become a preferred supplier.
February 13, 2013
Instead of focusing on savings, contingent workforce managers should turn their sights on cost corrections: getting the right worker at the right price. Here’s why — and how.
August 29, 2012
Is that person you are onboarding the same one you interviewed? Surprisingly, for some buyers, the answer is not a resounding yes.
August 17, 2012
- Tips for building an internally run CW program
- To mandate or not to mandate?
- What will your customers expect from your program?