28 November 2012
As we rely more and more on contingent workers, they in turn become more visible. How you treat them could make or break your reputation.
8 November 2012
- Online staffing must be assessed, not ignored
- Effective responses not based on misconceptions
- Threats and opportunities may not be obvious
31 October 2012
- Cost advantage important
- Lower rates, lower markups
- Many other critical benefits
17 October 2012
In the final article addressing the changing contingent workforce landscape in Asia, we discuss China's efforts to require that all temporary workers should enjoy pay equal to their permanent counterparts.
10 October 2012
In this second article addressing changing legislation in Asia, we focus on Vietnam, where a new law going into effect next year addresses a hybrid form of temporary staffing and labor outsourcing.
3 October 2012
Asian staffing markets are relatively immature and quite often lightly regulated. However, the markets are developing quickly and legislation is evolving to accommodate the growth in demand from employers for more flexible forms of employment. In this first in a series of articles on the issue, we address... More
24 September 2012
- "Online Staffing" now a $1B industry
- High growth: revenues, new entrants
- "Technology-based play"-- low markups
14 September 2012
- China is trying to change the law on "temporary" workers
- See why the law is changing and how.
- Read our translation of the amendments
30 August 2012
- Overview of the Japanese legal landscape
- Significance of collective bargaining agreements
- Details on employers' statutory costs
22 August 2012
A list of data sources for Argentina including:
- Academic resources, applicable government departments
- Laws and regulations, contingent workforce market data
- Trade associations and other organisations