17 October 2012
In the final article addressing the changing contingent workforce landscape in Asia, we discuss China's efforts to require that all temporary workers should enjoy pay equal to their permanent counterparts.
10 October 2012
In this second article addressing changing legislation in Asia, we focus on Vietnam, where a new law going into effect next year addresses a hybrid form of temporary staffing and labor outsourcing.
3 October 2012
Asian staffing markets are relatively immature and quite often lightly regulated. However, the markets are developing quickly and legislation is evolving to accommodate the growth in demand from employers for more flexible forms of employment. In this first in a series of articles on the issue, we address... More
24 September 2012
- "Online Staffing" now a $1B industry
- High growth: revenues, new entrants
- "Technology-based play"-- low markups
14 September 2012
- China is trying to change the law on "temporary" workers
- See why the law is changing and how.
- Read our translation of the amendments
30 August 2012
- Overview of the Japanese legal landscape
- Significance of collective bargaining agreements
- Details on employers' statutory costs
22 August 2012
A list of data sources for Argentina including:
- Academic resources, applicable government departments
- Laws and regulations, contingent workforce market data
- Trade associations and other organisations
8 August 2012
- Staffing Industry Analysts’ first global ranking of publicly listed staffing firms by market capitalisation
- Adecco is the world’s largest listed staffing firm ranked by market capitalisation followed by Randstad and Robert Half.
- The US is home to most listed staffing firms, followed by the... More
1 August 2012
Five hospitality companies in South Dakota that used an employment agency will pay more than $124,000 in back wages to 293 workers, the U.S. Department of Labor reported. The firms will also pay $79,000 in penalties.
18 July 2012
Recruitment process outsourcing is becoming more prevalent as companies realize the benefits to their bottom line. Here are two recently announced deals.