9 December 2013
Get a view of how Online Work has developed over the last few years.
See which freelancers are in demand
Read oDesks glossary
27 November 2013
- Three online staffing platforms have achieved global scope and a scale over the past several years: Elance, freelancer.com, and oDesk.
- These three platforms continue to pursue strategies to capture more of the potential world market for bringing together remote, online freelancers (and microfirms)... More
20 September 2013
- Having the rights to use/employ a functioning platform that supports the optimal buy/sell-side ecosystem is necessary
- Entry is likely to take a couple of years and up to several million dollars
- Developing/growing supply-demand transactions may be the most challenging, investment-intensive business... More
10 September 2013
- Online Staffing market growth revised upward to 60% in 2013
- No foreseen near‐term limits on global expansion
- Market drivers could lead to $3B in spend in 2014
9 August 2013
- 67 online staffing firms listed and described
- Four largest: oDesk, Elance, freelancer.com, Zhubajie (Pig Network)
- How online staffing fits into human cloud space
13 February 2013
Elance reports billings and usage have grown by nearly 50 percent, and has signaled that it would be targeting larger businesses in the future.
30 January 2013
Online staffing platforms continue to gain traction as a source for contingent workers not just for companies based in the United States, but for those around the world as well.
12 December 2012
This report from Staffing Industry Analysts, available to corporate and CWS council members, describes the face of the online staffing industry, how large it really is and who its users are.
6 December 2012
- Demand for online staffing is real and expanding
- It is at an early stage of evolution, much lies ahead
- A new channel to meet "flexible workforce" needs?