After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
25 February 2013
- What are staffing firm’s expctations on marketing/advertising spend?
- Which marketing tactic has the highest bang-to-buck return?
- How much does staffing spend on marketing compared to other industries?
25 November 2012
- Percent of staffing firms that have closed an acquisition in the last three years.
- Median purchase price/EBITDA reported in 2012 Staffing Industry Analysts staffing survey.
- Number of publicly announced North American staffing mergers and acquisitions, 2006-2012.
21 November 2012
When Should I Hire a Marketing Exec? Usually such executives are among the last to be added.
19 October 2012
- Computer sales have been booming for a quarter century, but the people who maintain and develop them are in ever short supply...
- Average IT unemployment rate
- Cumulative employment growth in IT vs. cumulative growth in total employment
19 October 2012
You Ask/ We Answer: Is VMS Use Still Growing?
27 September 2012
- World’s five highest paid staffing execs at public firms.
- When do staffing firms hire top execs?
- Where do staffing employees come from?
30 August 2012
- How big is healthcare temp staffing?
- What percentage of healthcare practitioner employment do large employers represent?
- Ambualtory services, the best U.S. employment market
28 July 2012
In this month’s “By the Numbers”
- How much annual revenue does a branch typically generate?
- At an IT staffing branch, it’s $7.6 million
- At an industrial staffing branch, it’s $3.1 million
See “By the Numbers” for more
2 July 2012
- What’s hot in manufacturing, where overtime hours are highes
- Manufacturing job gains
- Industrial staffing revenue growth
23 May 2012
- The net promoter score buyers gave managed service providers (MSPs) in 2011.
- Suggestions on what MSPs could do better.
- Percent of buyers using MSP, as a function of contingent spend.