After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
21 November 2012
When Should I Hire a Marketing Exec? Usually such executives are among the last to be added.
19 October 2012
- Computer sales have been booming for a quarter century, but the people who maintain and develop them are in ever short supply...
- Average IT unemployment rate
- Cumulative employment growth in IT vs. cumulative growth in total employment
19 October 2012
You Ask/ We Answer: Is VMS Use Still Growing?
27 September 2012
- World’s five highest paid staffing execs at public firms.
- When do staffing firms hire top execs?
- Where do staffing employees come from?
30 August 2012
- How big is healthcare temp staffing?
- What percentage of healthcare practitioner employment do large employers represent?
- Ambualtory services, the best U.S. employment market
28 July 2012
In this month’s “By the Numbers”
- How much annual revenue does a branch typically generate?
- At an IT staffing branch, it’s $7.6 million
- At an industrial staffing branch, it’s $3.1 million
See “By the Numbers” for more
2 July 2012
- What’s hot in manufacturing, where overtime hours are highes
- Manufacturing job gains
- Industrial staffing revenue growth
23 May 2012
- The net promoter score buyers gave managed service providers (MSPs) in 2011.
- Suggestions on what MSPs could do better.
- Percent of buyers using MSP, as a function of contingent spend.
29 March 2012
- Internal staff becomes a higher priority
- Which staffing firm priority is most correlated with consistent profitability?
- Odds of a “Best Staffing Firm to Work For” being among the fastest-growing in U.S.
1 March 2012
- VMS and MSP use by large buyers
- How much buyers expect to grow their contingent workforces
- Staffing firms’ plans for branch offices in 2012