John Nurthen is responsible for the delivery of Staffing Industry Analysts' research content across the company’s three regions (North America, Europe and Rest of World). He has 20 years' experience in the staffing industry having previously worked in a variety of senior managerial roles for three of the world's largest staffing companies: Select Appointments, Vedior and Randstad. During this time, he played an active role in a series of major equity offerings and mergers. Nurthen was a founder of the International Review of Employment which was published in four languages and also founded DOVA, which continues to be one of the largest global databases of online vacancies. Nurthen played a leading role in the development of common data standards with the creation of HR-XML SIDES in collaboration with other major staffing companies. He has held responsibility for internal and external communications (including investor relations and public affairs), e-Business, technology matters, marketing, research, procurement, and corporate social responsibility. Nurthen's experience makes him an authority on global recruitment and contingent workforce issues covering all sectors of the market.
13 December 2012
- Overview of the Indian labour law and collective agreements
- Understand the cost structure
- Using and MSP in India
28 November 2012
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Hear insights from the whole research team
- Duration: approximately 1h
28 November 2012
Background screening, already a potential minefield for contingent workforce programs in the U.S., add even more risk — including that of misclassification — on the international stage.
20 November 2012
- What do you need to consider before taking the plunge
- For twleve major staffing markets
- and three key categories
17 October 2012
In the final article addressing the changing contingent workforce landscape in Asia, we discuss China's efforts to require that all temporary workers should enjoy pay equal to their permanent counterparts.
10 October 2012
In this second article addressing changing legislation in Asia, we focus on Vietnam, where a new law going into effect next year addresses a hybrid form of temporary staffing and labor outsourcing.
3 October 2012
We have previously covered the details and implications of the U.K. Pensions Act, which went into effect Monday, but a new issue has been brought to light that potentially exposes employers to an increased risk of fines and criminal sanctions.
3 October 2012
Asian staffing markets are relatively immature and quite often lightly regulated. However, the markets are developing quickly and legislation is evolving to accommodate the growth in demand from employers for more flexible forms of employment. In this first in a series of articles on the issue, we address... More
30 August 2012
- Overview of the Japanese legal landscape
- Significance of collective bargaining agreements
- Details on employers' statutory costs
8 August 2012
- Staffing Industry Analysts’ first global ranking of publicly listed staffing firms by market capitalisation
- Adecco is the world’s largest listed staffing firm ranked by market capitalisation followed by Randstad and Robert Half.
- The US is home to most listed staffing firms, followed by the... More