As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
24 April 2013
The New Reality: How suppliers can be effective in this environment.
3 April 2013
A recent poll of CWS Council members indicated programs outside the U.S. aren't pushing to incorporate statement-of-work consultants.
13 March 2013
- Global RPO market estimated at $4 billion
- US RPO market estimated between $1.5 and $2.0 billion
- Results of our survey of RPO providers in this report
27 February 2013
If procurement’s primary focus is on cost savings for the contingent workforce program, it's missing the mark.
20 February 2013
- Watch the full webinar on demand
- Hear insights from industry experts
- Duration: approximately 1h
13 February 2013
Staffing Industry Analysts has developed a template CWS Council members can use in MSP negotiations. Council members can contact Bryan Peña, VP, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, for the tool at bpena (at) staffingindustry (dot) com.
6 February 2013
As companies evolve and contingent workforce management matures, the fundamental nature of the contingent workforce is changing as well — not just in terms of the workforce itself, which is becoming ever more diverse, but the ways in which the workforce is managed.
28 January 2013
- Template for negotiating contract with MSP
- Fees, contract term, invoicing and other items addressed in this template
27 January 2013
- Several companies state their reason for holding MSP accountable for total cycle time
- Answers provided for various struggles with regulation in India
- Outline of various factors that affect cost of ongoing VMS support
- Many other topics discussed
16 January 2013
The Procurement Guy shares trends he expects to see this year in terms of contingent workforce usage and management.