As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
7 November 2013
- 20 VMS providers and 17 MSPs evaluated along hundreds of features
- Feature categories include supplier management, sourcing, reporting, integrations, implementation and others
- Providers evaluated for functionality in various program type scenarios
6 November 2013
A significant component of an organization’s workforce is contingent, so program owners need to consider how this workforce can solve strategic enterprise objectives.
29 October 2013
A more evolved collaborative approach is necessary to succeed in today’s staffing universe. Here are some suggestions.
23 October 2013
Some of the basics each program owner should know before setting out to build a rate card.
9 October 2013
RFPs are an important step in any company initiative, but there is much that needs to be considered beforehand in order to ensure the greatest success for your program and suppliers.
23 August 2013
- Top VMS and MSP performers announced
- More than 20,000 buyers and more than 20,000 suppliers surveyed
- Buyers are generally modest promoters of VMS/MSP, suppliers staunch detractors
24 July 2013
Over the course of a career in contingent workforce management, you may spend a lot of time discussing process and process improvement techniques. Here are some of the most common techniques to guide you in your selection:
10 June 2013
- $100 billion in global VMS/MSP spend accounted for in this study
- Global VMS and MSP spend in our study rose 21% and 18% in 2012, respectively
- VMS providers reported 62 "mega-programs" (programs with annual spend over $300 million)
22 May 2013
Globalizing contingent workforce programs continues to be a hot topic among CW professionals, yet those who have expanded their programs, and those based in other countries, would advise caution before expanding.
24 April 2013
The New Reality: How suppliers can be effective in this environment.