Jon Osborne leads the company's team of research analysts to generate a steady flow of market research in support of corporate members. He joined the company in 2004 following a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
28 November 2011
- Who Hires When: Sharpest seasonal hiring spikes, by industry
- Industries with the highest need for seasonal labor
- Most seasonal temp segment
27 October 2011
In this month’s “By the Numbers”
- Where small firms rule: Allied healthcare
- Travel nurse staffing coming back strong
- How do buyers calculate MSP fees?
27 September 2011
- 14 occupations with extreme skill shortages
- What skill do a majority of the fastest-growing staffing firms provide?
- What kinds of staffing firms do acquirers want to buy?
28 July 2011
- How do buyers find suppliers
- The average revenue for a staffing firm
- The number of mentor staffing firms on the 2011 Mentor/Protégé List
22 June 2011
- Percent of large buyers using a vendor for independent contractor compliance currently and over the next two years: 75%
- On the rebound: Clinical scientific temp revenue to grow
- Largest engineering temp staffing markets
25 May 2011
- Ratio of recruiters outside the staffing industry to recruiters inside the staffing industry is 1.6:1
- Median compensation for branch managers in IT temporary staffing is $125,000
- When calculating wages, 65 percent of staffing firms use wages paid for similar temp jobs in the past
3 May 2011
- Number of office/clerical temps in the U.S.?
- How do temps find a recruiter?
- What percentage of large buyers are using a vendor management system?
31 March 2011
- What Are Staffing Firms’ Top Markets?
- What Percentage of Buyers Are Expanding Use of WMBE Suppliers?
- There’s an Employment Boom in this Segment.
16 March 2011
- What kinds of medical insurance do staffing firms offer temps?
- What occupations are most highly penetrated by temps?
- What is the percent of buyers willing to try a new staffing supplier?
14 March 2011
- The trend in U.S. private sector job openings vs. layoffs looking increasingly positive.
- 41 percent of staffing firms say their temp pay rates are "mostly dictated by staffing buyers."
- 72 percent of temps have returned to the same agency for another assignment.