As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
9 April 2012
- Panel discussion on co-employment issues with temporary workers
- Strategies discussed on how to mitigate misclassification risks and manage suppliers
- Should temporary workers be invited to the company picnic?
2 April 2012
- This report outlines how to establish a governance structure for a multi-national MSP
- Roles, responsibilities, and participants for global governance team explained
- We describe mitigation approaches for various challenges to global governance
27 December 2011
Tips to make sure your relationship with customers is successful and long-lasting.
27 July 2011
A reader wonders which criteria should be focused on when setting performance goals for a CW program. Bryan Peña, The Procurement Guy, responds. Hint: It’s not all about savings.
18 May 2011
- Moderator: Diana Gabriel, VP, Strategy & Solutions, Staffing Industry Analysts
- Jason Ezratty, Managing Partner, Brightfield Strategies
- Bryan Peña, VP, Contingent Workforce Strategy and Research, Staffing Industry Analysts
- 1 hour 5 minutes
16 May 2011
Many companies are considering incorporating statement of work (SOW) spend into their programs. In 2009, everyone was concerned about cost savings. In 2010 it was about expanding globally. This year, everyone is interested in risk mitigation and SOW. We, however, are not sure if it is for the right move... More
14 April 2011
- Moderator: Barry Asin, President, Staffing Industry Analysts
- Guest Speaker: Eric Rumbaugh, Partner Michael Best and Friedrich
- 57 minutes including Q&A
1 April 2011
Mission impossible. Knowing your market helps make that sale
16 March 2011
Moderator: Diana Gabriel, VP Strategy and Solutions, Staffing Industry Analysts
Guest Speaker: Stephen Clancy, General Partner, Athru Development Group
57 minutes including Q&A