After leading SIA's North America Research & Editorial department for nearly a decade, Jon Osborne now focuses on strategic research projects and communication of company research to members via the monthly Staffing Industry Report webinar. Previously, he had a 15-year career in bank financial analysis and investor relations at Bank of America. He holds an M.B.A. and B.A. in economics from the University of Chicago.
1 March 2012
- VMS and MSP use by large buyers
- How much buyers expect to grow their contingent workforces
- Staffing firms’ plans for branch offices in 2012
2 February 2012
- Seventy-six percent of staffing firms will increase recruiting staff in 2012.
- Mid-range pay for staffing industry recruiters by skill specialty.
- Thirty-one percent of U.S. information technology staffing firms use India-based recruiters.
27 December 2011
- Buyers rank least expensive type of contingent labor and which has highest quality
- What are buyers plans with respect to use of agency temps
- Percentage of buyers have programs to encourage use of diversity suppliers
28 November 2011
- Who Hires When: Sharpest seasonal hiring spikes, by industry
- Industries with the highest need for seasonal labor
- Most seasonal temp segment
27 October 2011
In this month’s “By the Numbers”
- Where small firms rule: Allied healthcare
- Travel nurse staffing coming back strong
- How do buyers calculate MSP fees?
27 September 2011
- 14 occupations with extreme skill shortages
- What skill do a majority of the fastest-growing staffing firms provide?
- What kinds of staffing firms do acquirers want to buy?
28 July 2011
- How do buyers find suppliers
- The average revenue for a staffing firm
- The number of mentor staffing firms on the 2011 Mentor/Protégé List
22 June 2011
- Percent of large buyers using a vendor for independent contractor compliance currently and over the next two years: 75%
- On the rebound: Clinical scientific temp revenue to grow
- Largest engineering temp staffing markets
25 May 2011
- Ratio of recruiters outside the staffing industry to recruiters inside the staffing industry is 1.6:1
- Median compensation for branch managers in IT temporary staffing is $125,000
- When calculating wages, 65 percent of staffing firms use wages paid for similar temp jobs in the past
3 May 2011
- Number of office/clerical temps in the U.S.?
- How do temps find a recruiter?
- What percentage of large buyers are using a vendor management system?