As Staffing Industry Analysts’ Vice President, Contingent Workforce Strategies and Research, Peña is internationally recognized as the expert on contingent workforce management strategies and tactics. His primary function is to manage the unique needs of the CWS Council globally, helping these companies deploy cutting-edge strategies for managing their contingent labor and, as required, provide buy-side viewpoints to staffing firms. He is also responsible for drafting and executing the CWS Council research agenda with the ultimate goal of advancing thought leadership around the growing field of contingent work. An accomplished speaker and presenter, Peña’s specific expertise comes from over a decade of strategic sourcing experience in Fortune 500 companies and includes services pricing and negotiation strategies, contract construction, risk management, and international MSP and VMS program delivery models.
Peña is also known for his bimonthly column, which runs in Staffing Industry Analysts’ publications.
Peña graduated with a B.A. in economics from University of California at San Diego.
2 December 2008
- Tool for scoring managed service providers across numerous criteria
- Criteria include strategic and competitive differentiation, program management, supplier management, quality, pricing, and more
1 December 2008
- Tool for scoring VMS providers across numerous criteria
- Criteria include recruiting and requisition process, financial and reporting process, pricing, training and implementation, and more
29 December 2013
- Various strategies outlined for sharing savings with MSPs and staffing suppliers
- Learn which strategies have been proven most successful
12 December 2013
- Sample contract clauses include termination assistance, no-suspension, key personnel, and more
- Information on how to handle ownership rights to data
11 December 2013
As part of massive changes in the industry, many buyers are experiencing an existential crisis of sorts, reaching a point where they question the purpose or value of their program.
10 December 2013
- Sample contract clauses include renegotiations, most favored customer, right-to-hire, and more
- Information on how to handle overtime and permanent placement fees in contracts with suppliers
7 November 2013
- 20 VMS providers and 17 MSPs evaluated along hundreds of features
- Feature categories include supplier management, sourcing, reporting, integrations, implementation and others
- Providers evaluated for functionality in various program type scenarios
6 November 2013
A significant component of an organization’s workforce is contingent, so program owners need to consider how this workforce can solve strategic enterprise objectives.
29 October 2013
A more evolved collaborative approach is necessary to succeed in today’s staffing universe. Here are some suggestions.
23 October 2013
Some of the basics each program owner should know before setting out to build a rate card.