16 July 2014
- This Insight Report provides an introduction to the category of Human Cloud platforms which SIA defines as Crowdsourcing.
- The SIA definition of Crowdsourcing platforms is clarified, the scope and dimensions of the space estimated, and the foregoing is substantiated by citing many representative... More
26 June 2014
- We have identified 145 online staffing platform businesses operating around the world, including 33 “witkeys” (the Chinese variant of online staffing). There are actually likely to a larger number of tiny platform businesses we have not detected yet.
- In 2013, only a fairly small number of... More
18 June 2014
- Expert insights into future trends
- Webinar replay on demand (approx 1 hour)
- Download a copy of the presentation
28 May 2014
- Online Services platforms belong to a unique category in the SIA Human Cloud Platform taxonomy, alongside (and sometimes overlapping with) Online Staffing and Crowdsourcing platforms
- In Online Services, businesses (wherever they are) purchase a specific service offered by the platform; the platform... More
31 March 2014
- Online Staffing and Human Cloud platforms have become a focus of much interest for many staffing firms since 2012 and some staffing firms are beginning to engage with these platforms actively in productive and innovative ways.
- Data show that staffing firm awareness, business interest in, and actual... More
3 March 2014
- As online work platforms have become more visible to staffing businesses and buyers, questions have arisen as to whether these platform businesses can really act like typical staffing firms.
- Online work platforms can act in ways that are similar to the more established, typical staffing business/compliance... More
19 February 2014
- A review of the latest significant temporary staffing trends and developments in Europe
- Exclusive insights from the whole research team
- On demand playback, approximately 1 hour
2 January 2014
- Total global online staffing segment spend/ market size to grow significantly by 2020, as most of the underlying conditions and drivers seem to support expansion (versus restriction) of online platform-based spend.
- Three forecasts illustrate what we consider credible, supportable range of possible... More
9 December 2013
Get a view of how Online Work has developed over the last few years.
See which freelancers are in demand
Read oDesks glossary
27 November 2013
- Three online staffing platforms have achieved global scope and a scale over the past several years: Elance, freelancer.com, and oDesk.
- These three platforms continue to pursue strategies to capture more of the potential world market for bringing together remote, online freelancers (and microfirms)... More