The Netherlands might be referred to as the “the little big man” of Europe. With its 16,7 million inhabitants on 40,000 km it is one of the smallest and most densely populated countries in Europe, nevertheless ranking the fifth economy in the Eurozone. The country is noted for its stable industrial relations, moderate unemployment and inflation, a sizable trade surplus, and an important role as a European transportation hub.
With commercial temporary agency work dating back into the 1940’s, and (after UK) the highest % of temporary workers in its workforce, it’s also one of the most flexible countries in Europe and the home of two of the largest staffing companies in the world: Randstad and USG People.
Dutch socio-economic decision taking is characterized by the tri-partite cooperation between Employer organisations, Labour Unions and Government, often referred to as the Polder model. Associations ABU and NBBU represent the interests of the staffing industry.
The Dutch legislation on temporary agency work is probably the closest to the European Temporary Agency Work Directive (AWD). The model of Flexibility and Security introduced in 1999 was arguably a great influence on the main lines of the AWD and an inspiration for the European term ‘flexicurity’.
21 December 2015
- Our forecast for 2015 & 2016
- (and the revised update for 2014)
- See which markets are doing best and worst
21 December 2015
- Compilation of 15 staffing firm market share landscape reports and opportunity lists related to Europe
- Ranks hundreds of staffing firms by revenue and by staffing sector
- Download a copy of the Excel Workbook
18 December 2015
- Market size estimates
- Top 30 ranking of the largest staffing firms by revenue
- Demographic data on the healthcare workforce
10 December 2015
- Hear from the SIA research team about the latest trends and developments
- Full replay on demand (approx. 1 hour)
- Download a full copy of the slides
11 November 2015
- Estimate for the size of the global market, broken down by region
- Top 10 ranking based on market share
- Statistics on Oil & Gas production by country
- Commentary on current industry trends and M&A activity
10 November 2015
- Estimate for the size of the European market, broken down by country
- Top 20 ranking based on market share
- Demographic statics on Clinical/Scientific employment
5 November 2015
In this report we round up the legal developments making the headlines in Europe in Q3 2015:
- European Union, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Poland, Romania, Sweden
16 October 2015
- Discover how listed staffing firms performed in 2Q15.
- Find out about activity levels and how turnover and net income have evolved.
- See how the largest staffing firms fared.
11 September 2015
- 55 different staffing markets assessed across six Continents.
- Complex markets identified among both emerging and established staffing markets.
- Italy is ranked the most complex staffing market at the moment, followed by Brazil.
7 September 2015
- Which firms are the largest in the world
- How they break down by market share and geography
- Who has joined the list and who has left