The Netherlands might be referred to as the “the little big man” of Europe. With its 16,7 million inhabitants on 40,000 km it is one of the smallest and most densely populated countries in Europe, nevertheless ranking the fifth economy in the Eurozone. The country is noted for its stable industrial relations, moderate unemployment and inflation, a sizable trade surplus, and an important role as a European transportation hub.
With commercial temporary agency work dating back into the 1940’s, and (after UK) the highest % of temporary workers in its workforce, it’s also one of the most flexible countries in Europe and the home of two of the largest staffing companies in the world: Randstad and USG People.
Dutch socio-economic decision taking is characterized by the tri-partite cooperation between Employer organisations, Labour Unions and Government, often referred to as the Polder model. Associations ABU and NBBU represent the interests of the staffing industry.
The Dutch legislation on temporary agency work is probably the closest to the European Temporary Agency Work Directive (AWD). The model of Flexibility and Security introduced in 1999 was arguably a great influence on the main lines of the AWD and an inspiration for the European term ‘flexicurity’.
4 December 2013
This citation looks at the level of literacy, numeracy and problem solving in technology‑rich environments proficiency for the world's key staffing markets.
14 November 2013
- Exclusive industry forecasts from the SIA research team
- Focus on the main markets in Europe and Asia-Pacific, as well as insights on South Africa and Brazil
- Webinar replay on demand (approx. 1 hour)
18 October 2013
- Read our latest legal update in association with the Ius Laboris network
- We have covered a variety of judicial developments, including labour reforms and court rulings
- Data has been gathered from across Europe
14 October 2013
Discover how listed staffing firms performed in Q2 2013.
Find out about activity levels and how turnover and net income have evolved.
See how the largest staffing firms fared.
10 October 2013
- We believe Randstad is the clear leader in this relatively fragmented market; followed by Independent Clinical Services and Adecco.
- The Top 20 firms outpaced the growth recorded by the European Healthcare market in 2012.
- The UK is still the largest domestic market, but significant price pressure... More
7 October 2013
- Find out who tops the world rankings
- Where your company or supplier is compared to the competition
- See newly listed firms from Australia, Italy, Ireland, Japan, the UK and USA
13 September 2013
- Randstad is the clear leader in its domestic market, followed by USG People and Adecco. These three firms own just over 30% of market share.
- The Top 50 firms saw their share of the Dutch market increase gradually over the years, but the market share of the Top 3 firms declined slightly in 2012.... More
28 August 2013
Key Findings include:
The size of the global staffing market.
A breakdown of the 40 of the most important countries
Estimates of the size of temporary and permanent services.
24 July 2013
- Exclusive insights on VMS/MSP markets around the world.
- Overview of business practices and legal limitations.
- Webinar replay on demand (approx. 1 hour).
10 June 2013
- $100 billion in global VMS/MSP spend accounted for in this study
- Global VMS and MSP spend in our study rose 21% and 18% in 2012, respectively
- VMS providers reported 62 "mega-programs" (programs with annual spend over $300 million)