Reflecting the exploding growth of cloud computing in the United States and Europe, the most in-demand skills in the U.K. information technology workforce are now cloud computing skills, according to a recent workforce study by Robert Half Technology, a division of Robert Half International Inc. (NYSE: RHI).
Robert Half surveyed chief information officers and IT directors in the U.K. on which skills they considered to be of the greatest value in the career development of IT professionals. The study results were released two weeks ago, and find that cloud computing skills are now viewed as the most valuable for IT professionals to have or to obtain.
CIOs ranked top skills as:
- Cloud computing, 39 percent
- IT security, 37 percent
- Project management, 33 percent
- Virtualization, 29 percent
- Network administration and engineering, 27 percent
- Mobile and application development, 27 percent
- Database management, 24 percent
- C# development, 15 percent
- Business intelligence, 14 percent
- Java development, 13 percent
The Robert Half survey found that 41 percent of CIOs responded that they plan to hire additional staff due to cloud computing demands this year and next.