Daily NewsView All News
A job advertisement has been posted online seeking a grandfather with at least ten years’ experience of being a granddad or in a similar role. The advert, posted on Craigslist, is a social experiment by the website Usvsth3m.com, which is attempting to see if a person can hire an elderly man for grandfatherly duties following a similar advertisement in Japan, according to hrm Asia.
The position, which comes with a salary, lists several job specifications and requirements that applicant grandfathers are expected to possess.
Should an applicant be selected, apart from being passionate about getting up at 6am and falling asleep in front of the TV, his duties will include:
- Talking about the war and his role it in
- Providing Werther’s Originals
- Curing toothache with whisky
- Forgetting his grandchild’s name and calling them by their siblings’ and dog’s name
- Supervising gardening and potting shed work
- Offering grandfatherly advice
- Telling bad jokes
- Tea drinking and biscuit dunking
- Befriending neighbourhood cats
- The occasional Sunday dinner