Daily NewsView All News
This week will see the much anticipated CIETT World Employment Conference 2012 take place in London, also incorporating the Recruitment and Employment Confederation’s (REC) Annual Convention. The three-day recruitment event, “Transforming our Global Brand”, will be held from 23 to 25 May, focusing on market trends, developments, and challenges faced in the staffing industry.
Hundreds of delegates are expected to come together to network and attend workshops, master classes, panel discussions and key note addresses – the contingent workforce will take a prominent role on 24 May when Staffing Industry Analysts' Bryan Peña will look at industry trends and opportunities. He will talk about the latest strategies in contingent workforce management strategies across the globe with a focus on what more sophisticated staffing buyers are looking for in terms of service provision. He will also give advice on how staffing firms can differentiate themselves from the competition.
Among industry leaders speaking at the event are:
- Professor Richard Scase, Europe’s leading thinker on leadership, innovation and corporate change
- Matthew Syed, journalist, The Times and author of ‘Bounce: How champions are made’
- Dr Lynda Gratton, Professor of Management Practice, London Business School
- Brendan Barber, General Secretary, Trades Union Congress
- Alastair Campbell, former Director of Strategy to Prime Minister Tony Blair
- David Arkless, President, Corporate and Government Affairs, ManpowerGroup
- Maurizio Uboldi, Director, Gi International
“This is an unprecedented opportunity for UK recruiters to connect with the very best from the international recruitment industry and get up to the minute business information about changes in technology, new models of supply and building competitive brands,” said REC’s Chief Executive Kevin Green.
The event is sponsored by CareerBuilder, Bond International Software, Colleague, Bullhorn, eploy, Careerpassport, Jelf, Zeel, and MyResourcer.